Wednesday, January 23, 2008

National Pie Day!



In honor of National Pie Day I will be posting the receipe for an easy low-fat strawberry pie. I'm sure there are many gooey, chocolate filled pies that would be wonderful, but this one doesn't have the long lasting effects on your hips as those do! There are a number of different combinations to make but strawberry is my favorite.

Jello - Strawberry Weight Watcher Pie

1 package sugar-free strawberry Jello
1/4 cup water
2 (8 oz.) cups strawberry fat free yogurt
1 (8 oz.) carton fat free Cool Whip
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

Boil the water and dissolve Jello. Whisk in the yogurt. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into crust and chill at least 3 hours.


You can make a number of flavors of this pie:
Orange (orange Jello and Mandarin orange yogurt)
The original recipe was for Key Lime (lime Jello and Key Lime yogurt)
You can try any combination, as long as you match the Jello and yogurt flavors.

Serves 8. One serving = 3 Weight Watchers Winning Points.

Thanks Tammy over at The Pink Magnolia for suggesting that we all in blogland put out favorite pie receipes in our posts today! And to Artsy Etc for creating the banner for todays bloggers sharing in National Pie Day.

Enjoy a piece of pie today!

8 comments:

bj said...

oh, yummy...I love these recipes that are great tasting without all the worry of adding things to our diet that we don't need!
This sounds so good.....
bj

Anita said...

Yum! since I've seen several of my favorite bloggers doing this "Pie Day" post, I guess I might... My recipe, though, is nowhere NEAR as healthy as yours... lol

Thanks for stopping by... Have a great Wednesday! :)

Angela said...

Oh I do love trying pies without all the guilt:-). I'm putting this on my list.
Thanks for sharing..
Have a wonderful day!!!

Terri Steffes said...

Yummo! I love me a pie that loves me back! Thank you so much and think of the varieties... if jello makes a flavor and you can find a yogurt to match... the results would be endless!

Anonymous said...

My Mom will love this pie as she loves WW and is doing great so far with a 14 lb weight loss! I picked up one of the magazines today *wink*

Thanks for participating!

Here is to more pie!

Hope said...

Sandra, this sounds so good. Since I'm suppose to start a new diet tomorrow it should come in handy! I like that you can do different flavors for variety too!
Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Hugs,
Hope

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite WW recipes. I'll have to make one soon!

Back Through Time said...

Sounds like you are enjoying Pie Day!!
Michelle