Monday, January 21, 2008

Goodwill Hunting

Okay, okay I know you all are tired of hearing about my treks to all the Goodwill stores within a 50-mile radius of my home, but humor me on this one. I had to share with you a beautiful old chair that I bought today for $10. I have no idea how old it is but I love it, and think it looks good in my living room.


The cane bottom is in good shape, and the curved carved detail on the back really adds to it beauty.

When my husband saw it he liked it also, but I got "the look" like he might be thinking about doing an intervention to keep me away from Goodwill, since I am always bringing home treasures. I just gave him a kiss and said, "Humor me honey". . . and he always does, as he smiles and shakes his head.

9 comments:

Hope said...

Hi Sandra,
I've been out of commission for a few days but hoping to get back to posting tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you know I'm thinking about you.

Love that chair find!! My hubby loves thrift stores as much, if not better, than I do!! :) That can be good and bad. We find lots of goodies but have way too much stuff!!

Come see me soon!

Love and Hugs,
Hope

Alison Gibbs said...

What a wonderful find that chair was. For $10 you couldn't leave it there.
Alison

cherished*vintage said...

Sandra, I'm glad you didn't pass up that chair! It looks wonderful in your living room. My husband has given up trying to intervene my thrifting addiction. Oh, but I still get the looks too. :o) I'll never tire of seeing your fabulous finds!
-Karoline

Hope said...

Tag, you're it!! :O) Come by my blog to get the rules for the game.

Hugs,
Hope

Anonymous said...

Awww...sweet hubby, and nice chair!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a beautiful chair, and wonderful bargain!!

Katherine

kari and kijsa said...

Wonderful...wonderful finds...so much fun...we love seeing your bargains!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Liz Harrell said...

Wow, I love this chair! Great find.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this! Jeana from Days To Come sent me the link.

It's very hard to find a cane-bottom chair in good condition, so I think you got the steal of the day!