Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's Snowing Again...and I'm Nesting

What a great day! I am off work and the snow is coming down; no worrying about icy/snowy roads and trying to get to work. This kind of day puts me in a mood to settle in and get a few things done around that house that are enjoyable to me (note: I did not say vacuum!) Reading my new magazines: Country Living, Romantic Homes, Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion, Flower Gardens, and Better Homes & Gardens Do It Yourself Weekend Projects. Maybe if I'm lucky something will inspire me to be creative or give me a new idea for spring planting.

I did want to share this photo of two of my recent Goodwill buys, this pretty white cup and saucer and planter. The violets were already in the planter, which are in excellent condition. Each was bought at different times, but they are pretty displayed together! And the best part it only set me back $2.50!

15 comments:

Susan said...

They look like they came together. I love the stark white against the violet.
Susan

Anna T said...

I love your teasures! Isn't it wonderful to get such goodies at a small price! Does the heart good.
Have a lovely day!
Anna

LBP said...

Wow! what beautiful treasures! And at such a great bargain. Those violets look so springy!

Blessings

Linda

Tara said...

Isn't that great! Good buys are so enjoyable! Enjoy your tea!

Mary said...

Hi there, found you through Dena. I love your Goodwill finds -- so pretty! Come visit me if you get a chance.
xoxo,
Mary

j said...

"Hi, I'm Jennifer and I am a thrift-aholic"....("Hi Jennifer") I swear a few years ago my husband was ready to have an intervention. I love to find goodies on the cheap.
Have you ever stopped going to a certain thrift store because they became "too proud of their stuff?" I expect thrift stores to have thrift store prices! The one in town has gotten to high and I would rather drive 30 miles to another one. And at these gas prices! - Jennifer

Back Through Time said...

I hope you are still enjoying your cozy time!! It is zero here and I am going to nest all day:-)
Michelle

Lib said...

Hi,
Hope you're staying warm.
I like your finds.Pretty!
I Love all the books you named, good way to spend a snowy day .;o)
Blessins',Lib

Kathi said...

They are great fines. They do look lovely together. Thanks for sharing. Kathi

Joy for the Journey said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit - I'm glad I found ya! 'Spare change' deals are the best, aren't they! Have fun puttering -
Sarah :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Ooohh I love your thrifting finds, they're so lovely! I hope you have a lovely warm, cozy & relaxing day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Julieann said...

OHH, what lovely finds. It is raining today which makes me want to play homemaker even more:) Have a great day.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little display...I'm sure you were inspired by those great magazines ;)

Charity Grace said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love Home Companion and Goodwill! Two truly fun things indeed! Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog - it was neat to hear your memories!

Have a great day!
Jen