Monday, April 28, 2008

Vintage Shopping and Scrapbooking Weekend

What a great weekend! My girlfriends and I went for a weekend in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. There are so many great vintage/antique shops and roadside stands that are perfect for browsing. Armed with the latest edition of the Flea Market Finds magazine we were ready to shop.

The weather was great for most of the weekend but on Saturday afternoon the thunder and lightening kept us inside working on our scrapbooks. It was really nice getting some rain since we are in a severe drought situation, I can't complain anytime we have rain.

My friend Michele had this t-shirt on this weekend; I love it!

The "theme" for this weekend (not that we really needed one, but it is fun) was tropical, so Michele provided us all with these funny sunglasses. Each pair had parrots, monkey's, flamingos, and palm trees. What's more fun than six grown women laying on a big slab of granite, wearing goofy sunglasses, and having their picture made? . . . nothing really, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I love these girls!


12 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a fun weekend for you girls.
Alison

LBP said...

That looks like so much fun! Love to go antiqueing.

I love the t-shirt! Do you happen to know where she bought it?

Blessings
Linda

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I love the picture of you all with your sunglasses.

Jen Glover said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Friends are such a blessing from God!

Martha said...

I love the t-shirt! That is too good. Looks like you all had a good time.

Blessings,
~Martie

Simply Heart And Home said...

You girls look like you are having a blast! What a delightful weekend. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Blessings,

Gina

joyh82 said...

I love that shirt it would be perfect for my younger sis who loves to scrapbook.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You all are hilarious with those glasses on. Sounds like y'all had a great time!

Becky

the said...

You girls are too cute!!
That antique store looks like a place I would LOVE!!
Lucky you!

Stephanie

Back Through Time said...

Sounds like a great time and I love that T-shirt!
Michelle

Kathi said...

What a fun group of ladies. I love the picture of all of you. Kathi

Liz Harrell said...

How much fun! You look like ladies who know how to have a good time!