Monday, April 14, 2008

Ring Ring Ring . . . Telephone Call For You


Talking has never been a problem for me. I was one of those kids in school who always had the X marked next to “Avoids Unnecessary Talking” on my report card in grade school. My job is a communications analyst, so yes I know a thing or two about talking, communicating, telephones, wireless communications, etc. . .

But, you know what? All of this communication is starting to be a burden! Do you ever have those days where you just want to sit and watch rather than participate? Technology is a great thing, but right now I think I would like it if I could just sit on the porch and enjoy life quietly. Of course you can join me for a chat on the porch, but don’t call me on the phone, I’m not gonna answer!

9 comments:

Hope said...

Hi Sandra,
With all those wedding plans and the big day coming up soon, I'm sure you'd love to just sit on the porch. That's my favorite thing to do, either with friends chatting or alone with my thoughts. It sure does help put things in perspective.

Our weather is starting to warm up again so in a few days you'll find me on the porch in the morning with my cup of coffee. Want to join me?? We can chat for hours. Wouldn't that be nice??

Have a relaxing day!!

Hugs and blessings,
Hope

Simply Heart And Home said...

I completely agree with you. I can not stand cell phones. I have one for emergencies only but I never call anyone on it. I especially hate the blue tooth ones people have in their ears all the time. Yikes! Give me old fashion quiet any day!

Gina

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh I hear you on the phone thing.
Sometimes when my home phone rings I yell at it and say go away and leave me alone!! LOL
Alison

Linda said...

I hear what you are saying. I don't mind calls during the day but around dinner time and there after I'm all for piece and quite. Linda

Liz Harrell said...

Whew, you took the words right out of my mouth. Some nights I just turn off my cell phone, it stresses me out so. :)

Jen Glover said...

I'm so with you! It's so sad I've become so addicted to technology. I love it, but.... I just want to sit on the lanai with my ice tea! *hugs* Come on over to my place for some free blog candy!

the said...

I agree, there are days when I wish I didnt have any phones! Sometimes I want to be left alone!!
Hope you are having a great weekend :)
Stephanie

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sandra,

I want to cordially invite you to participate in my Country Cookbook Giveaway. Please drop by when you have a moment.

Blessings,
Gina

cherished*vintage said...

Each comment section for each class on my report card said "spends too much time talking" hehehe I don't get to talk much anymore, I have a 3 and 5 year old that seem to do all the talking now. Oh, and I never leave my cell phone on. I figure it's ok not to be able to be reached everywhere I go...
-Karoline