Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mother of the Bride (M.O.B) . . . the continuing saga

Remember a while back I told you about the book M.O.B. my daughter bought me, which was supposed to guide me along the joyful path of being the mother of the bride? Well I think it skipped a few things and I thought I would pass them on to anyone who may find themselves in this same spot.


  1. Even though the invitation company says "these particular invitations don't require extra postage!" Don't belive it. After purchasing $130 worth of .41 cents stamps the weight of the envelope after everything was inserted was over the weight limit. So off to the post office to purchase .58 cents stamps . . .
  2. The bride wants whole coffee beans to go in glass containers with candles . . . simple and beautiful. Now where do I buy 25 pounds of coffee beans at a very very cheap price? Still looking, no luck so far! I say, "Can't we just use really small pretty pebbles? " She gasps, "Absolutly NOT!" What was I thinking?!?
  3. Don't be too helpful. You will be told you are taking control.
  4. Don't be too hands-off. You will be told you don't care.
  5. Don't speak to the bride above a whisper you will be told you are yelling.
  6. Don't say you love her first up-do hairdo...she doesn't like it so you shouldn't either.
  7. Don't make suggestions...refer to #3.

8 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh dear Nora,
I am taking notes!
I can feel your pain!
So far I have learned to
Just smile and say yes dear! :-)

Hugz, Dolly

Alison Gibbs said...

Mmmm.. sounds like the best thing to do is smile and say nothing.LOL
Alison

Jen Glover said...

Oh, Hugs! And I thought all I was dealing with is potty training! *giggle* Have a great week Cutie!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Nora,

Take a deep breath. It will all work out. :)

I'm wondering if you could get the coffee beans at a warehouse type store like Costco cheapest?

That is a shame about the postage.

Are you making any kind of wedding favors for the guests? We never had such things when I was married but I guess many people do now. We made these sweet little fabric bags with touches of fake flowers on them. Inside the bags were these really sweet plastic clear hearts that we filled with personalized M & M's. It took hours and hours to make but it is a nice memory now!

Blessings,

Gina

the said...

This really cracks me up, infact I should print this off and keep it for future use!
Atleast you are remaining humorous , I love reading your blog to see the goings on!
Have a great rest of the week,
Stephanie

Linda said...

I'm smiling....this is an exciting time but it's like a balancing act too...when all is said and done all you will remember is the wonderful wedding...count to 10 all will be fine. Linda

cherished*vintage said...

Oh, you're bringing back memories of when I was a bridal consultant in the 90's. All brides are the same. And to think, I have two girls that will go through the same thing with me someday. Oh boy! I'm wondering if a coffee shop might have expired or close to expiring whole beans that they would sell cheap? Hang in there!
-Karoline

Rue said...

I'm not ready for this at all, so it's a good thing I have a while to wait. Take a deep breath and remember that it will be over soon ;)

rue