Sunday, January 13, 2008

Celebrate! Memories

I spent this past Saturday at a Celebrate Event in Charlotte. This is the first Celebrate event I have ever attended and it was so much fun! I have been scrapbooking for about nine years, and it has been a blessing to me and my family. Documenting in pictures and words our lives from the everyday events to the special occasions, has brought us closer together. Each year I start a new scrapbook documenting what goes on that year. One of the hardest but most rewarding ones I have completed was a heritage scrapbook. I have also created ones for each of my children growing up. The beauty about scrapbooking is that each one is different and everyone has their own style, so everyones scrapbooks are unique. I use Creative Memories products for my scrapbooks. Digital scrapbooking is also an option, but I like to use paper and scissors! The most important thing is to start documenting your life, no matter how you do it or what you use, so that it will be here long after your gone.


The Celebrate Events are held all over the county, I was lucky enough for one to be close enough for me to attend this year. There were over 800 people scrapbooking all day from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. The 50's theme was so much fun, and spending time with friends doing something we all loved was great! At one point during the day they "passed the hat" to collect money for breast cancer research and collected over $1,700! Isn't that wonderful!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like you had a great time. What a fantastic amount of money was raised for breast cancer.
Alison

Hope said...

Hi Sandra,
Sounds like ya'll had a great time. I've never really got into scrapbooking wholeheartedly but I'd like to. My daughter and I started one together a few years back with every intention of keeping it up. But sometimes life gets in the way of things and we could never find time to get together. It just kind of fell by the wayside.

It's wonderful that they raised so much for breast cancer. Good cause.

Come see me!

Hugs,
Hope

Anonymous said...

My daughter is a big scrapbooker. I never did get into it. I do like to play with cardstock, paper and paste though.

I find myself envious of all you that have vintage photographs of family. I wish I had more. Maybe I should hit my Mom and Mamaw up.

That is a great Breast Cancer Support collection...BRAVO!!!

kari and kijsa said...

What a blessing...sounds like such a wonderful event (and such a good cause....)!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Sounds like so much fun! I do Creative Memories too, I was a consultant for 12 years!

Katherine

Back Through Time said...

That sounds like you had a great time!! How lucky you were to be so close!
Michelle