Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner? The dreaded question every night! Am I the only one who feels this way? As I have said before I'm not the best cook in the world, but I do love a good homemade meal. My husband is a wonderful cook but hasn't done very much cooking lately. Right now with the fuel and grocery prices going up so rapidly I hate to go to the grocery store. I can't hardly wait for the fresh summer vegtables to starting coming in, but until then I am just uninspired to cook very much of anything.

So my answer to the dreaded question of what's for dinner: "Cereal, it's not just for breakfast anymore"! Not the sugery kind; but a big bowl of oatmeal, or Special K with fresh strawberries, peaches or a bananna, and soy milk hits the spot. After having cereal for too many nights in a row my husband cooked a pot of cabbage, blackeyed peas and cornbread for dinner. Yummy! Man can't live by cereal alone!

4 comments:

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

We have oatmeal for dinner occasionally!
I think my favorite dinners are breakfast at dinner time since I don't eat breakfast!
Thats a mouth full! :-)

Today we had Rachel Rays healthy chili cheese fries!

Have a great week,
Hugz,
Dolly

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I often have cereal for supper.

Simply Heart And Home said...

I get tired of fixing the same dinners over and over too. I need some new ideas! I'd love to serve cereal for dinner if they'd let me! :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

You are cordially invited to take part in my June giveaway. Have you heard of Elsie Dinsmore? I’m giving away Book 1. I’d love to see you.