Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Historic West End Holiday Tour

Every other year the West End Historic District in our town hosts an afternoon of touring local homes. I have always wanted to go into some of these beautiful old homes just to see how they are decorated, and admire the old woodwork and design of the structure. These homes were all built in the early 1900's - 1930's. When my friend asked if I would like to spend a recent Sunday afternoon walking through these beautiful homes, I jumped at the opportunity. It was a nice cool day but at least it wasn't raining...well at least not for the first hour or so. This is when my sweet husband comes to our rescue and chauffers us to the rest of the homes! Now how sweet is that!?!

Saint Paul's Episcopal Church was our last stop. The stained glass windows are beautiful.

5 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Great tour! A great year and blessings for a great new one as well!
Happy New Year,
kari & kijsa

Joy for the Journey said...

Isn't it amazing how inspiring beautiful surroundings can be?! So often we are too busy to notice. Wouldn't that be a great New Year's Reolution!
Have a great year ~
Sarah

a Pocket Angel said...

Nora, What very lovely places.
Happy 2009 ~Mary~

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous area, thanks for the tour! It's nice to e-meet you Miss Nora Lee :), thanks for visiting me and so sweet of you to add me to your list of blogs, I've added you as well!
Cheers,
Laura
xxx

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Enjoyed your home tour. Lovely old homes in your town.