Friday, July 25, 2008

I "Y"


I have never been very athletic, actually the word exercise made me cringe with dread! But last September my sister introduced me to racquetball. She had been going to the YMCA for a while with her son and they invited me to go along with them and play. After playing for a bit I was hooked, it didn't seem like "exercise" and we had a great time. Fortunately for me they were very patient and didn't mind that I wasn't very good. As a matter of fact I still haven't even once come close to winning a match, but I did manage to score 8 points this week in a 15 point game!
I had never been to a YMCA other than to enroll my children there for summer camp, and was surprised at how relaxed and encouraging everyone is of each other. All ages and sizes are encouraged to just be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Taking advantage of the weights, swimming, and fitness classes has helped put me in the best physical shape I've been in a long time. I would encourage anyone of any age or fitness level to "Y" if you haven't already!



7 comments:

Pleasant Living said...

You rock! Look at you go! Keep up the good work. I feel so much better when I'm active.

Simply Heart And Home said...

That is exciting! I should really check out our Y here.

I wanted to thank you again for praying for my daughter. She home safe and sound but then left again. :) I wrote about her Hurricane Dolly account today.

Kathi said...

This looks so fun Sandra. I may just have to try it. Kathi

Kathi said...

I can totally relate to you busy schedule. I'm so busy. I can't wait until things calm down. I hope you are doing great, Sandra. Kathi

Brittany said...

Oh I love our Y...well it's a community center now, but the same type thing. My kids and I took advantage of it alot this summer. Keep it up, you'll be a master before long!!
:)Brittany

ps, drop in and visit me when you get the chance. I'm doing a little give away.

Back Through Time said...

Just stopping in to say hi!
Michelle

Liz Harrell said...

Wow! Good for you! My vacation really put a roadblock in my fitness/weight loss plan. Yikes.