Saturday, January 3, 2009

Out With the Old - In With the New

Well its the start of a new year, and there is so much to do around here!
- Take down the Christmas decorations . . . CHECK
- Vacuum and dust the entire house . . . CHECK
- Wash clothes . . . CHECK
- Clean out the refrigerator and throw away all the left over holiday junk food. . . CHECK
- Go to the grocery store for some healthy food . . . CHECK
- Whip up some white chicken chili in the crock pot . . . CHECK

Whew, with that taken care of I look out the kitchen window and see my poor bird feeder has just about had it! The squirrels had chewed off almost all of the plastic perches, and my husband had replaced those with wooden dowels. It had definitely seen its better days.


So off to Lowe's to look for a new one. After pondering for what seemed like such a long time, and after several attempts from Lowe's staff to assist me, I had just about made up my mind. The store security probably radioed them to see why that woman was fondling all of the bird feeders for an hour! This was a big decision! Or at least I make things like this out to be...will the rain get into the feeder; how easy is it to fill up; will the squirrels be able to chew it up; how much feed will it hold, and on and on.

I finally decided on this big beautiful red metal one. But of course the display was all they had in stock, so one of the helpful associates pulled a ladder over and got it down for me.

When I opened the top and looked inside there were two suet cages that hooked to the sides. I bought Apple Treat Sweet and Orange Delight suet, as well as a bag of fresh 20 lb bag of seed. Best of all when I got to the check out it was on sale!

Okay my little bird friends, come and get it!

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That sounds like a GREAT day!

Your blog design is just beautiful!

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. :)

Liz Harrell said...

I LOVE that bird feeder. I may have to get one, gosh I love to hear them chatter and chirp in the mornings.