Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Cube With A View

Several years ago my office was moved to a new building, which was great except that I moved from an office to a cubicle. In fact we all moved from offices to cubicles, so I was not the only one who had some major adjusting to do. No more door to close. No more quiet, undistrubed time to concentrate on work. Now it is sort of like the Dilbert cartoon. Nothing like spending the day listening to your co-workers yell into the speakerphone while you are trying to concentrate on the project at hand. No more getting up and going to someones office or calling them on the phone, everyone just yells their questions across the entire office. Oh well, such is the life when working in a cube farm. But that is fine, I am just so thankful in this current economy that I have a job. It is just that working from a cube changes the dynamics of office work.

But I do have one major bonus; my cube has a view! A couple of days ago I followed this storm as it came and went. Beautiful.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your layout, and the cloud pictures are awesome. Nice that your cube has a view - I guess you need earplugs next!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful view, and such dramatic clouds.

Thanks for visiting.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

What sweet blog! Beautiful cloud pictures! Hugs, Maryjane

Back Through Time said...

those are some clouds!! Great pics!
Michelle

LiLi M. said...

And did you all got those little genius' boards too when they decided to put up the cube farm? ;-) (which we call an office garden, but I am going to introduce your term here too!)

I love the genius boards! And I love your photos too!

cherry said...

LOve your new view..and I have eyed that same birdhouse at Lowes for sometime. Thanks for coming by. cherry