Sunday, February 3, 2008

Valentine Hearts

I remember when I was in elementary school during the first week of February everyone in the class was given a white paper bag to decorate for Valentines Day. Out came the scissors, red and pink construction paper, doilies, markers and crayons. We all taped our decorated bags to the front of our desks, and then waited until February 14th eager to see who would drop their valentines into the bags. Some even had candy attached to them, of course those were my favorite! My very favorite were the candy conversation hearts. I would read each one, pop it into my mouth, and then on to the next piece. I still have a hard time passing up these sugary treats! I bought this apothecary jar at an after Christmas sale with the intention of using it next year to hold my Christmas cards, but the ruby color of the lid and base are perfect for Valentines Day. Filled with boxes of conversation hearts and a vintage valentine card make a nice decoration and easy access to my favorite valentine treat!



13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

That looks so swett for Valentine's day.
Alison

Siobhan said...

How lovely!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That looks sooo pretty!

Katherine

kari and kijsa said...

Lovely! Perfect for Heart Day!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Tara said...

And aren't these still the best?!

A Romantic Porch said...

Hello, Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comment so much. I hope you will be inspired to return again soon. I just absolutely love your jar with the valentines. I have never seen one with a red lid and base. So beautiful. See you soon. xoRachel

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hi Nora lee, ive just found your blog via someone, then someone else..but i cant remember who now...LOL.
Gosh i remember making things like that at school and hoping someone would pop a lolly or a little card in it.....ahhh sweet memories :)

So glad to have found your lovely blog !
pop by mine anytime and say hi and enter my giveaway as well :)

Shann xo

Cheryl Miller said...

Thank you, Nora Lee, for your very nice comments on my blog! I'll be crossing my fingers for a North Carolina snowfall!
Cheryl

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Nora, thanks for visiting my blog. The jar is lovely. I used to love Valentines day, although it always made me so nervous as I would hate to be 'unnoticed' LOL!!

My Unfinished Life said...

nice jar!!!

Chickenbells said...

Oh...I just love that!! It is just perfect for Valentine's Day!!

Kelli said...

That is adorable, I love it!
Kelli

Jessica said...

I had forgotten completely about making those Valentine bags until I read your post! We did a similar activity and I used to think it was so much fun.

Thanks for the reminder and by the way, your jar is very pretty.