Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Pie Safe

I have wanted a pie safe for several years. My husband and I have looked at antique shops and found several but not in the price range or quality that we wanted. Last Christmas I found this new piece. It is a wonderful piece of furniture and was handmade by a gentleman in Pennsylvania. I love the bead board in the back, it really adds something unique and special.

I love it and play with it like a doll house, adding new things, rearranging, and planning new displays. My husbands tells me I am going to wear the hinges off it it opening it up so much! It may sound silly, but having this place that is just mine to plan and play with makes me happy.

Right now I have many of our family keepsakes displayed; the dough bowl and rolling pin that belonged to my husbands grandmother, her picture in an old frame on the bottom shelf, stoneware bowls, my Old Salem bisque houses, and other collected pieces. I recently bought several vintage table clothes that will be placed in there.

I found this cute white ceramic sign that I have hung on the front right now. You will probably see this piece again in future posts with other displays.

15 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a lovely place to display your treasures.
Alison

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so beautiful. I'm glad you found it and I can just see you arranging and rearranging stuff in there.

Hope said...

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for sharing the pics of the pie safe. It's beautiful..I love your little playhouse!! :o) That little sign is so neat! I wanted to tell you that my header picture of the old utensils are just a portion of my collection! Thanks for noticing.

Thank you too for stopping by Claire's little blog. She is so happy to be getting comments. She says all Granny's friends are so nice!

Hugs,
Hope

Liz Harrell said...

How cute! I love it, and it is so fun to play with cabinets and shelves!

Tara said...

I love this pie safe---new is just as good as old..it amkes you happy and looks super!

Robin said...

This is really beautiful! I know what you mean about getting your things out and playing.....I do the same thing! SOmetimes I feel like that little girl again arranging my barbie furniture! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me tonight- I'm really enjoying reading through your blog!

Betty said...

Sandra,
What a beautiful pie safe...I can see why you are so pleased....

Please come by for dessert...Betty

Rose of Sharon said...

ohhhh, I'm drooling!!! I love that pie safe! You have it decorated so nicely too, what neat goodies you have in there!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

That is a marvelous pie safe! I can see why you enjoy it like a "play house!"

Katherine

the said...

I have the perfect place for that in my living room !!!
That is so pretty !
Stephanie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That piece is lovely! I collect old dough bowls....nice seeing the one in your pie safe...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such nice things about my mosaics!
Penny

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Your Pie Safe is wonderful! What a great place to "play".

Thanks so much for visiting me today so I could find you :-) Rosie

JEWELGIRL said...

There is no safe pie at my
house, even if you locked it up
in this beautiful pie safe.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hello, Just want to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Katherine

j said...

Happy V'day! Hope it has been LOVE-ly. Jennifer