Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time For Some Changes

It is amazing how much time it takes to plan and get ready for a wedding. It has been two weeks since my daughters wedding; I am looking around my house and seeing so many things that I have let go! So today I was up before dawn and planning my day. Deep cleaning is not one of my favorite things to do, but everything looks better already!

I did a little rearranging and hung my daughter's bridal portrait here. What do you think? I am also ready for some new paint and carpet! Amazing how freshing things up, hanging a picture and moving a few things around makes you want to remake a room. I have been visiting other blogs and looking at their houses for inspiration.

Liz, over at Mabel's House, recently had a post on colors and had links to other blogs inviting us into their homes to see some great ideas with colors and decorating ideas. This really makes me want to make some changes around here. Now I just need to take about a month off from work to have time to do everything. Wish me luck on that one!

9 comments:

the said...

That pic looks so pretty over there, I bet you love it!
Hope your weekend is going great !
Stephanie

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a lovely portrait. It looks perfect there!

Thank you for the link. I'll take a looksee. I love to see how everyone decorates.

I posted a picture of little Tildy today and hope to post pictures of my 4th of July home decorating tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Blessings,

Gina

Liz Harrell said...

Two weeks huh? Plenty of time! Your daughter's bridal portrait is beautiful!

Kathi said...

I love your beautiful picture of your daughter. I need to do some updating too. Have a safe and happy weekend. Kathi

Back Through Time said...

Hope you are having a great summer and getting all caught up!!
*hugs*
Michelle

Tara said...

The pic looks perfect there!

j said...

I think it looks lovely! Her portrait is just beautiful!

Jen

Pleasant Living said...

I'm in the same boat as you, other than I'm the recovering bride, rather than the mother-of-the-bride. I'm just now fully refreshed and rejuvenated from my June 7th wedding. Those things can really take it out of you, can't they. Beautiful pictures, though. Thanks for sharing. And, her cake was beautiful more like what I actually expected, but mine fell in the parking lot and had to be reinvented on site. It turned out pretty well, though. Check it out on my blog.

Whitney said...

What a beautiful bride! Looks like a fantastic day....and I am sure she is extremely grateful for all your hard work. :)