Saturday, May 3, 2008

Race For The Cure 2008

Well I'm back from vacation and enjoyed a wonderful time alone with my husband celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. I will share more about that later.
Today my sister, brother-in-law and nephew participated in the Susan G. Koman Race For The Cure 2008. The weather was wonderful and the turn out was record breaking. Supporters were 15,000 strong and walked the 3-mile route to raise awareness and money for the research and cure of breast cancer.

My sister Christine and I . . .

I loved these little girls shirts! There were so many children and families walking together it was really heart warming to see how everyone came together for this important event.



Today while I was walking my thoughts were about those I know who have fought and survived breast cancer as well as those who have fought and lost the battle. One very courageous woman who is a survivor is Amy over at Four Sisters In A Cottage. If you haven't stopped by and visited her you must, she has a wonderful blog.


3 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary. Glad you and your husband had a good time.

It looks like you had a good time on your walk - and for a good cause too.

Blessings,
~martie

Simply Heart And Home said...

Those t-shirts are adorable! :)

Happy Anniversary. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Have a lovely evening!

Gina

Jen Glover said...

Adorable shirts, looks like such a fun time. I love spending time with my sister! You are so lucky to be close to her! Hugs!