Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stawberries and Cream

While shopping at Michael's last week I came across these cute note cards in the dollar bin. They had others as well but this one with strawberries and cream was my favorite.

I love this time of year when strawberries start appearing in the produce section of the grocery store, especially if they are on sale. Our local strawberries will not be ready to harvest for another couple of months.

These were delicious, but rather than top them with real cream, I just use low fat/no sugar added vanilla yogurt. Of course there are a number of great recipes using these beautiful red berries, but I would rather just eat them like this. . .mmmm good!



11 comments:

j said...

Hubby just ate strawberries this evening and commented that they were FINALLY starting to get good again. He loves the ones during the summer the best.

And don't you just LOVE Michael's dollar bins?

Jennifer

Brenda said...

Hello Nora Lee, thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit and encouragement! I look forward to reading thru yours! Have a great week!
Brenda :)

Nonnas News said...

That bowl of strawberries looks yum yum!! Makes me want some!

Simply Heart And Home said...

I love strawberries, Nora Lee. The note cards are adorable. And your real strawberries are so big! I can imagine that they were delicious!

Blessings,

Gina

Jen Glover said...

Yummm yum! I just bought my friend the matching journal notebook! Gotta love the dollar stores everyone has now!

Linda said...

What cute note cards..I love the bargin bins at Michael's too. Beautiful strawberries, I've been enjoying them too. Linda

blah said...

dear Nora lee - I'm with you fresh strawberries for me too :-)

Rue said...

That note card is darling :)

We love strawberries at our house and I have to hide a couple before my kids see them or I don't get any LOL

rue :)

Liz Harrell said...

Yum. I'm VERY hungry now. :)

Yes, I made the shelf liners out of card stock. Not very crafty, but it worked in a pinch! :) Have a great day.

Hope said...

Hi Sandra,
Just wanted to stop by to say hello and catch up after another hiatus! I hope all is well with you.

I've had fresh strawberries twice already and look forward to more! :O) I'm so glad you shared the idea of putting the vanilla yogurt on them. I can actually have all that on my diabetic diet and what a treat that will be!! I love them plain but this will be like a rich dessert! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for coming by to check up on me! :O)

Hugs,
Hope

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh Boy, those strawberries look yummy!! And what sweet notecards!
Penny
p.s. come on over! I am having my
200th post giveaway!